The course provides an ideal introduction to the Countryside and Environment Industry whilst building up a range of personal skills enabling you to make an informed choice of further education or career progression. The course can be used as a stepping stone to a more specialist course or can give students a chance to experience the sector before making their career decision.
This Level 1 Diploma is equivalent to 4 GCSEs grade D-G and is made up of eight units: Students will be required to study three Core units, two Personal Skills units and three Option units. In some cases it may be possible to mix and match specialist units from other Introductory vocational routes.
- Safe and effective working practices in land-based industries
- Develop performance in land-based industries
- Industrial experience in land-based industries
- Introduction to wildlife and conservation
Specialist units include:
- Assist with the repair and maintenance of structures in the countryside
- Use transport and assist with maintenance of tools and equipment
- Assist with the establishment of plants and sites in the countryside
- Assist with the maintenance of plants and
Your programme of study will include Basic/Functional Skills and a First Aid qualification.
Campus: Holme Lacy
Minimum Age: 16
Award: Level 1 Diploma in Land-based Studies
Duration: 1 yr Full-Time
2 GCSE passes at grade E or above (preferably in English and Maths). Students must demonstrate a willingness to learn and an interest in animals, plants and the countryside.
Land-based industries such as animal care, agriculture or the countryside.
Students can progress to a Level 2 Diploma qualifi cation in the same/a similar vocational area.
Contact: 0800 032 1986