Engineering - Level 3
The Level 3 in Engineering course will broaden your horizons and future options. Upon successful completion, you may decide to apply for a degree course in various disciplines, including engineering, business, design, IT or architecture, or enter the world of work. All the skills acquired by Level 3 learners are relevant to the modern-day workplace and are taught by enthusiastic and experienced tutors.
From intricate electronic devices, to the massive structure of North Sea oil rigs, the skills and expertise of engineers have never been more evident or more widely sought after. Herefordshire is home to a variety of technological activities, such as food processing, metal and plastic forming, vehicle component manufacture and scientific instrument making. Viewed nationally, a vast number of industrial and commercial ventures rely heavily on engineering skills and expertise.
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Engineering (equivalent to 3 A levels)
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Mechanical and Electrical Principles
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work.
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will be expected to attend either GCSE or Functional Skills in maths and English classes and in some cases ICT. Attendance to these sessions is mandatory, please refer to the Functional Skills page of this website.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (to include maths and English) or equivalent successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 2 qualification (e.g. Level 2 Diploma in Engineering at Merit or above)
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Study options may include:
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Engineering Discipline
Employment options may include:
- Engineering Project Manager
- Engineering Design and Manufacture
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electronics/Telecoms Engineer
Contact: 0800 032 1986