Herefordshire and Ludlow College has a range of Higher Education courses. These are particularly suited to working people who wish to study on a part-time basis in order to enhance their career prospects. We believe that it is important that people are able to access good quality higher education programmes of study locally, without having to lose time and money travelling to out of county institutions.
Our higher education students really appreciate the high level of expertise of our tutors, the excellent support they receive from working in relatively small groups, and the friendly college environment.
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL)
If you have previously studied at higher level, or you have equivalent experience, you may be able to get credit for this on your course at HLC.
In applying for APL this 'prior learning' could be translated into a number of credits to contribute directly to your higher level qualification. These credits would be mapped directly to specific modules, removing the need for you to study them. If you would like to discuss APL please contact the College and ask to speak with the course tutor. They will happily go through this with you in more detail.
See also Access to Higher Education Diploma
The following courses are available:
- AAT Diploma Accounting Technician (Final level equivalent to NVQ 4)
- ACCA Professional Scheme (The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- Animal Management HND (starts September 2014)
- Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care
- Foundation Degree in Mental Health (subject to validation)
Education & Training:
- Foundation Degree in Learning Support (in association with University of Worcester)
- Foundation Degree in Learning Disability (in association with University of Worcester)
- Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS)
- Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS)
- OCR Level 5 QCF Diploma in Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties
- OCR Level 7 QCF Diploma in Assessing and Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties
- BTEC Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Higher National Diploma (Top-up) in Engineering
Information Communication Technology:
- Diploma in Management & Leadership Level 5
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Level 7
- Intermediate Diploma in Human Resources Management Level 5
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Outdoor Adventure Leadership and Management
- BSc in Physical Education and Outdoor Education
- BSc in Primary and Outdoor Education (subject to validation)