Herefordshire and Ludlow College is a fantastic place to study. We offer great results, superb resources, a friendly atmosphere and a vast range of courses for you to choose from. We offer a good choice of A levels at Ludlow College (visit www.ludlow-college.ac.uk). However, you may decide classroom based learning isn’t for you and have a career path in mind. Many of our full-time courses at the Hereford and Holme Lacy Campuses are practically based, or you could start an Apprenticeship, learning while at work and coming to College on a day release or block release basis.
If you are driven by going to university/onto a higher level course, or securing that dream job, we can help. Many of our courses equate to 3 A levels and are welcomed by universities and employers alike.
We have first class facilities, excellent links with industries and businesses and ensure all our students get ‘real’ work experience to impress future employers. On completing your studies, you will not only be qualified to a national standard but you will also be:
- Skilled - having the industry skills, knowledge and experience to thrive in the workplace, from day one of employment.
- Professional – You will be job ready, with bags of initiative, communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Enterprising – You will be resourceful, adaptable to the changing needs of business and able to innovate.
Each student's study programme will be unique to their needs and future aspirations. While you are with us, you will study a number of elements:
- Main qualification – for most students this will make up the majority of their study programme. A mix of practical and theory, the qualification will stretch your understanding of the subject.
- English and maths – you will work towards achieving an A*-C grade in GCSE English and maths. If you have already achieved this, you will continue to build on your skills in these subjects
- Work Experience – you will undertake meaningful work experience related to the vocational area of the Study Programme, to develop employability skills and apply your learning in real life situations
- Enrichment – your programme will also include other activities designed to support and help you develop the job related skills, experience and confidence required to progress to employment or higher education. Activities such as tutorials, personal and social development, volunteering and sport.
The website and our prospectus provide information on all the courses offered at the College as well as student life and support available including lessons, personal tutors, facilities, finance, welfare and learning support.