Apprentice Carpenter Level 2
Connexus Housing has a vacancy for an Apprentice Carpenter Level 2, who will be based in Hereford. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Main Job Purpose: To contribute to the overall development of Connexus Group's, quality housing service. Safely assisting in the makeup, installation, repair and replacement of woodwork and associated fittings and materials.
Some of the Knowledge, Skills and Experience required and not limited too are:
- Understand the different techniques and methods used to move, handle and store materials.
• Understand how to interpret and use relevant product information and specifications.
• Understand their responsibilities under current employment and safety legislation, such as The Health & Safety at Work Act
• Understand how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage of resources.
• Understand the needs of other workers and how to work effectively with others.
• Understand the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with timber and timber-based products and components, such as hardwood, softwood, MDF and other materials.
• Understand the technical principles of site carpentry work and how these are applied to prepare and fix timber and timber- based products, erect inclined roofs, maintain and repair building components.
Qualifications: Must be willing and able to complete or already have obtained Maths and English either GCSE grade 3 (grade D) or Functional Skills Level 1 minimum. You must also aspire to achieve your English and Maths Level 2 qualification, if you do not already hold this level or already have a GCSE grade 3 (grade D) or above
On of the main Key Performance Measures: Achievement of Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupations - Site Carpentry
When submitting a CV your covering letter must answer the following questions:
What made you want to pursue a career in Carpentry?
What Skills do you have already?
What are your long-term career aspirations?
Please tell us why Health and Safety is important in the workplace?
What do you know about social housing and what makes you want to work for Connexus
If you would like to apply for the vacancy and for further information and a job description please contact Herefordshire and Ludlow College.