Apprentice Building Maintenance Operative
Connexus Housing has two vacancies for an Apprentice Building Maintenance Level 2. 1 x apprentice based in Craven Arms. 1 x apprentice based in Hereford. This is a great opportunity for the right candidates.
Main Job Purpose: To maintain the homes of Connexus residents, customer and communal facilities, supporting the service aims to provide homes that are safe, comfortable, well maintaine and located in environments that are pleasant for all users.
Some of the Knowledge, Skills and Experience required and not limited too are:
- To participate and improve your skils and basic knowledge of brickwork/wet trade repair tasks to Connexus Stock, Buildings or Communal Facilities
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety issues in connection with the construction industry
- Have a good understanding of core skills English, Maths and ICT
- Willing to use mobile electronic equipment
- Be willing to learn to work with a range of portable tools, small plant, ladders and equipment
- Assist in the repair and maintenance tasks and associated job activities
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
Qualifications: Must be willing and able to complete or already have obtained Maths and English either GCSE grade 3 (grade D) or Functional Skills Level 1 minimum. You must also aspire to achieve your English and Maths Level 2 qualification, if you do not already hold this level or already have a GCSE grade 3 (grade D) or above
Must be currently in the process or working towards a bricklaying or equivilant type qualifications
When submitting a CV your covering letter must answer the following questions:
What made you want to pursue a career as a Building Maintenance Operative?
What Skills do you have already?
What are your long-term career aspirations?
Please tell us why Health and Safety is important in the workplace?
What do you know about social housing and what makes you want to work for Connexus
If you would like to apply for the vacancy and for further information and a job description please contact Herefordshire and Ludlow College.