Arborist Apprentice Level 2
Tree Maintenance LtdArboriculture
Apprentice tree surgeon wanted. Initial duties to include labouring, completing risk assessments, fuelling chainsaws & loading and unloading equipment. Progressing to pruning trees, using the chipper and then to tree climbing and using a chainsaw from a rope and harness.
The following Certificate of Competence qualifications will be achieved over the course of the apprenticeship:
• Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work
• Level 2 award in safe use of brushwood chipper
• Traffic Management (NRSWA Unit 002 Signing, Lighting and Guarding) OR Sector Scheme 12D
• Level 2 award in chainsaw maintenance
• Level 2 award in crosscutting timber using a chainsaw
• Level 2 award in felling and processing trees up to 380mm
• Level 2 award in accessing a tree using a rope and harness
• Level 3 award in aerial tree rescue operations
• Level 3 award in aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques
• Level 2 award in safe use of mobile elevated work platform
• Level 3 award in use of a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.