Forestry Apprentice Level 2
Apprentice Forest Operative wanted. Duties to include tree planting, pruning, hand weeding, estate maintenance, fencing, felling, skidding, chipping and brush cutting.
The following Certificates of Competence will be achieved over the course of the apprenticeship -
• Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work +F
• Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting Timber using a Chainsaw
• Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
• Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
• Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment (including application near water)
• Level 2 Award in Safe use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers
• Level 2 Award in Safe use of Forestry Clearing Saw.
Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this Level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths.