Apprentice Receptionist Administrator
Westfields SurgeryPrimary Care NHS
Westfield Surgery are actively looking for a new member of the reception & administration team. This will be a formal apprenticeship training position for 12 months, with a possibility of a permanent role at the end of the training period. We are looking for a candidate with 5 GCSEs as a minimum (including English & Maths), who can demonstrate good use of Microsoft Office, with a demonstrable ability to work well in a team of people. The candidate should have high expectations of personal presentation.
Main duties of this role include:
· Answering high volume incoming telephone calls and dealing with patient requests in a timely professional manner
· Providing information to patients which is relevant and appropriate by hand, post, or via email
· Utilising the Care Navigation system to best effect
· General duties of filing and retrieval, photocopying, printing reports, sending pre-prepared letters
· Accepting and recording payments by patients
· Following Practice policies and procedures
· Monitoring patient attendance and following up appointments
· Work with the team to cover the hours of 7.45 to 18.45
· Liaison with the clinical teams of GPs, Nurses, ANP and Paramedic
Westfield Surgery supports 8900 patients who live in and around the market town of Leominster with a range of Primary Care services. A team of twenty-eight staff, both clinical and non-clinical aim to provide the best patient care possible in a fast moving demanding environment.
Please note that this role is exempt from the Register of Offenders Act and the successful candidate will need to provide evidence of, qualifications relied upon to secure the post & right to work in the United Kingdom; be able to obtain a satisfactory enhanced DBS check; provide two satisfactory references and meet the requirements of the Occupation Health Assessment. The practice is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the statutory age constraint of the apprenticeship.
If you would like to join the team, please complete the standard application form and write a letter, of no more than one side of A4, detailing how you feel that you meet the necessary elements of the job description and person specification.
Applications should be forwarded to Westfields Surgery
Please contact Tracie Durant Business Development and Assessor for Business Administration at Hereford College on email@example.com
To start as soon as possible