Production Chef Apprentice
DeJa VuRestaurant & Cocktail Bar
A great opportunity has arisen to learn all aspects of Chef training from a new Restaurant and Cocktail Bar that is based in Hereford City Centre. DeJa Vu are looking to take on a passionate and enthusiastic young individual to help them get started in their chosen career as a Chef.
Statement from the owners:
We are a unique and quirky upmarket Restaurant & Cocktail bar based in Hereford. We use local ingredients for our menus as well as products from around the world to craft our dishes. We incorporate molecular gastronomy in a few of our dishes, including dry ice. The working week will be a prep day on Wednesday with the Head Chef and then open for service Thursday - Sunday. Perks of the job include discounts at other
local venues and eateries throughout Hereford plus a 10% extra pay on top of your hourly wage when working bank holidays (capped at 6 hours per bank holiday).
- To work as part of a small kitchen team
- Assisting the chef in preparation and service of meals
- Helping with cleaning and house keeping duties
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensuring compliance with EHO requirements
- Liaising with front of house
- GCSE maths and English grade 2 and above or Functional Skills level 1 and above
- If you do not have GCSE grade 4 or above or Functional Skills Level 2 in either subject, you will be entered in for a short training course including exam during your apprenticeship, this is a mandatory part of the apprenticeship training.
City and Guilds training as Production Chef Level 2. You will take a practical End Point Assessment exam at the end of your practical training. Once passed you will obtain your Production Chef Level 2 Certificate from the Institute for Apprenticeships. More information about the qualification can be found on the link below.
For more information about the vacancy or to apply please contact:
Tel: 01432 365581
Mobile: 07790 929727