Production Chef Apprentice
The Lion CafeCatering & Hospitality
An opportunity has arisen to work for a family run Cafe in Herefordshire who provide the Kington community and visitors a different type of Cafe service.
Statement below from the owners:
We are a multiuse site with the daytime being a children’s play café (not soft play) and some evenings a family café / live music venue. We provide a healthy menu consisting of homemade food, snacks and bakery goods. We also offer children’s parties and private family hire with buffet style food. You will be working alongside the manager in a modern kitchen. You will have the ongoing support to develop your skills in the kitchen and encouragement in the hope that you will also help with the creation of healthy menus for our customers. It is important to work as a team as we are a small business.
- Work alongside the manager to produce a healthy menu
- Ensure all health and safety / food safety policies are implemented
- Keep the kitchen and café areas clean and organised
- Remain up to date with training supported by management
- Stock control
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss menus and events
- Learn the front of house role, barista training and customer care to help during staff breaks and absences
- Passion for cooking and baking
- Work in a methodical approach
- A team player
- Sense of humour
- GCSE maths and English at grade 4 and above or Functional Skills level 1 and above
If you do not have GCSE grade 4 or above or Functional Skills Level 1 and above in either of these subjects, you will be entered in for Functional Skills including exam during your apprenticeship with us, this is a mandatory part of the apprenticeship training.
- City and Guilds training as a Level 2 Production Chef
You will take a practical End Point Assessment exam at the end of your practical training. Once passed you will obtain your Producation Chef Level 2 Certificate from the Institute for Apprenticeships.
For more information about the vacancy or to apply please contact:
Sophie Roberts - Assessor
Tel: 01432 365581
Mobile: 07790 929 727
or the owner
07535 994 569
Immediate start available for the right candidate