Forestry Operative Apprentice - The Duchy of Cornwall Estate
The Duchy of Cornwall EstateEstate
An exciting and physically demanding apprenticeship for those who enjoy being outdoors. You will be learning from an experienced and supportive team in a practically-based environment.
You will learn:
· The safe use and maintenance of chainsaws and other forestry equipment
· All aspects of forestry from planting and ground preparation to felling and extraction.
· The challenges of pests and diseases, including vermin control
· Converting timber to materials/products for use on the estate and retail
· Tree identification and an understanding of plant and soil science
· Valuable interpersonal skills liaising with the general public
You will have a unique opportunity to work in the high-quality woodlands and farms of the Duchy of Cornwall Hereford estate as well as the Highgrove and Llynywermod estates.
Qualifications required: 4 or more GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including English and Maths.
A good level of physical fitness and mobility is required to carry out the forestry work. Access to own transport would be advisable as the woodyard is in a rural location with no public transport available. Hours may vary from the normal 9-5pm and the apprentice will, on occasions be required to travel to other estates which may infrequently necessitate an overnight stay.
For more information about the vacancy or to apply please contact:
Lu Mason - Assessor
Tel: 01432 870 005
Mobile: 07436 031 699