Customer Service Apprentice
Balfour Beattyconstruction and infrastructure
First point of call for our business providing a flexible, efficient customer focused service in person and on the telephone. Managing requests & general enquiries through telephone and web reports. Responsible for timely logging of requests and interacting with departments. Providing a strong customer service and administration service to the department and overall contract.
- Provide visitors with a first-class service at reception
- Maintain office security ensuring all visitors are signed in, inducted & provided with a visitor’s badge
- Provide a responsive service for all customer requests. Ensure that the telephone is manned at all times
- Ensure all appropriate information is collected from customers to enable delivery of a right first-time approach, resolving enquiry at point of contact where possible.
- Ensure requests through all channels are responded to in a timely, responsive manner
- All requests related to the service are accurately and timely logged onto the Confirm system and allocated to the appropriate individual.
- Develop solutions to customer issues in a proactive manner to remove the need for reactive customer contact, providing additional support to customer to appropriately manage expectations
- Take deliveries and arrange for collection or delivery to appropriate persons or department
- Booking of Training and Meeting Rooms, Travel etc
- General Administration tasks – daily office checks, general admin requests etc.
- Assist with the actioning of requests in the department’s inboxes
- Data inputting into Databases and Spreadsheets
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Filing, photocopying, archiving and binding as and when required
- Event/Meeting Organization, preparing the room, providing tea, coffee, organizing lunch. To include cleaning up after events
- Minute Taking
- Undertake and be flexible to any receptionist/administrative/call handling task to support the overall contract as and when required
- Works well as part of a team and as an individual using own initiative
- Able to prioritize and manage own time effectively and work well under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexible, proactive and has the ability to react to peaks and troughs in workload
- Accurate and pay attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of Windows and MS Office to include Word, Outlook and Excel
- Good academic standard to include A-C in English and ~Math’s or equivalent
Future Prospects? - Is this post likely to become a full time one for the right applicant after completing their application? What additional training are you able to offer on the job?
If a position becomes vacant within the business that is suitable for the applicant they can apply for a permanent post. Full training for this role will be provided
Reality Check - Does the job have long periods on your feet? Are you rural with poor access to public transport? Will some weekend work be expected? Have a think about what some candidates might find as a barrier.
Job is seated at a desk for majority of the day. No long period on feet. We are based at Rotherwas so consideration needs to be taken on how the apprentice would get to work if they do not drive. They would need to look into bus timetables and or walking times before applying.
For more information about the job or to apply please contact Tracie Durant on 07974 966198