Production Chef Apprentice
Rhydspence InnCatering & Hospitality
Rhydspence Inn is a local family business running a B&B and restaurant serving lunches and evening meals. All of our food is prepared and cooked on site, we have held an AA Rosette since 2018. All of our desserts are made by ourselves and we bake our own specialty bread.
- This role has set working days Wednesday - Saturday, 12.00pm - 8.00pm.
- Be helping us prepare our menu, which is all done in house.
- Be expected to take part in vegetable preparation and cleaning.
- Be trained to bake bread, desserts and sauces and the cooking of steaks, fish etc.
- You will also be preparing starters and desserts for service.
- Knife skills
- Commitment to cleanliness
Desired personal qualities:
- Commitment to learn
- Able to work well as part of a small, close knit team or on your own when required
- Basic level of Maths and English
(Is this post likely to become a full time one for the right applicant after completing their apprenticeship?)
- A full time post is a definite possibility and further training in baking and dessert making can be given.
- Long periods on your feet are required. Public transport is limited in our area and weekend work is expected as part of the job.