RSS Infrastructure t/a Auctus Management Group
RSS Infrastructure is a railway-based vegetation management company. They currently undertake all elements of vegetation management from low level vegetation clearance through to technical tree takedowns and large-scale clearances via mechanical means. An exciting opportunity has arisen for two apprentices to join their team.
What you will be learning:
- Understand the delivery of all elements of forestry works
- Consider occupational and environmental risks to members of the workforce and public and raise to the Supervisor accordingly
- To maintain a healthy working relationship with Principal Contractors and/or Contractors, obtaining future work plans to assist growth
- Ensure a good knowledge of Health & Safety in all elements of site delivery
- Ensure a good understanding of tree identification
- Ability to complete risk assessments to a high standard
- Confidence to understand and brief out risk assessments
- Good understanding of how to identify, and work to, industry best practice and deliver excellent standards of work
Our apprenticeship programme offers a mix of on and off the job learning whilst also gaining experience in vegetation management within a rail environment, after an initial period of training including inductions and Personal Track Safety (PTS).
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Desired personal qualities:
- Able to react positively to new situations
- Able to work co-operatively and support fellow employees and lead from the front
- Professional, confident, assertive and able to uphold company policies with colleagues, management, and clients
- GCSE grade 4 or above in Maths and English or level 2 Functional Skills
- Full time, future career opportunities available
- Due to the nature of working on the rail, you will be working a mixture of days, nights and weekends. The work can also be physically demanding.
For more information about the vacancy or to apply, please contact Lu Mason on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07436031699.