Foundation Studies is an area of the College that promotes young people toward further training and employment. These courses are full time and cater for learners who can study at Entry 3 and Level 1. They have proved to be very popular with learners who do not feel ready for employment.
The courses have a strong pastoral element to them and each student has a timetabled tutorial each week.
To arrange a personal interview, please call 0800 032 1986 and ask for Nigel Kedward Team Leader for Foundation Studies.
Why choose Foundation Studies?
- These courses give each learner a real chance of succeeding in their quest for employment
- Many of our learners have commented that studying this course at HLC is very different to school. They have enjoyed learning; have gained confidence and are treated as individuals.
- Foundation Studies: Health and Social Care & Childcare Level 1
- Foundation Studies: Hospitality and Catering Level 1
- Foundation Studies: Skills for Working Life Entry Levels 2 & 3
- Foundation Studies: Construction & Building Services - Level 1
- Foundation Studies: Computing and IT - Level 1
- Foundation Studies: Employability Skills - Level 1 and 2