Health & Social Care
The College is one of Herefordshire's foremost centres for childcare and health and social care.
Today's health and social care sector offers diverse opportunities for interesting and rewarding careers. These include nursing, counselling, social work, nursery nursing, play work and caring for people with special needs.
Unless otherwise stated all courses will take place at the Hereford Campus.
Care - Distance Learning
These courses are designed to update knowledge of the individual subject; they are excellent for Professional Development in the workplace, however it is not essential that you are employed. They can also be studied alongside other courses.
Each learning pack consists of reading and assignment material that allows you to study off-site. Work is then submitted to College by post for assessment. Upon completion of the course you will be issued with a recognised NCFE certificate. Funding may be a available, please contact the Enquiries Team for more information.
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Team Leading Knowledge
- NCFE L2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia
- NCFE L2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Understanding in the Principles of End of Life Care
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity