HLC is the county's major provider of training for classroom teaching assistants and specialist teachers and has a successful 12 year training record, having taught over 2000 teaching assistants in primary, secondary and adult education.
Our courses relate to the new national standards of competence and are validated by the major awarding bodies OCR (Oxford, Cambridge & RSA examinations), City & Guilds, University of Warwick and University of Worcester. Courses range from Level 2 for beginners to Level 5 foundation degree and Level 5 and 7 for specialist teachers. For many of the courses you will need to be employed or have access to a work placement.
The Certificate and Diploma in Education and Training prepare or qualify you to teach or train in the lifelong learning sector including in workplace, adult, voluntary and community education as well as in further education colleges. However, please note that these qualifications are not appropriate if you wish to teach in schools.
Unless otherwise stated, all courses will take place at the Hereford Campus.
- Certificate in Education and Training (12 credits)
- Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS)
- Foundation Degree in Learning Support
- Level 7 QCF Diploma in Assessing and Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties
- Level 2 - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- OCR Level 5 QCF Diploma in Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties