Electrical Installation - Level 2
An industry-recognised qualification in electrical science, installation and technology.
This qualification allows you to acquire the knowledge and specialist craft skills of electrical installation in a secure and well-equipped workshop environment. Your practice and assessment on the installation of wiring systems, together with the relevant theory of electrical installation, will prepare you for progression into the electrical industry, further study or an apprenticeship or further study such as the T-Level in Building Services Engineering.
With an established history in the electrical industry, the College consistently produces outstanding success rates, exceeding national standards. Our high calibre teaching staff have a wealth of industry knowledge and have strong links with local industries, with many local employers being successful ex-students.
Qualification: EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (EAL is the specialist, employer-recognised awarding organisation for the engineering, manufacturing and building services, and related sectors).
Duration: One year
For students starting at Level 1, please see Electrical Installation - Level 1 Diploma.
A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Health and Safety
- Theory and Technology
- Electrical Installation Methods, Procedures and Requirements
- Science and Principles
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work. Online exams are also used to test knowledge.
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies, please refer to the Study Programmes page of this website.
- Four GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (including maths and English), or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 Qualification (e.g. Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation)
- Successful interview, and initial assessment and a good school reference
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- T-Level in Building Services Engineering
- Inspection & Testing Qualifications
Employment options may include:
- Electrical Installation Contractor
- Food and Drink Industries (Electrical Plant Maintenance)
- Working for the Major Utilities
- White Goods Maintenance and Repair
- Security and Fire Alarm Detection
You may also like...
Please note, the costs given below are subject to change.
Aged 16 - 18 years: There are no tuition or exam fees
Aged 19 years or over (at the start of the course): Tuition Fee £995 | Registration/Exam Fee £150
Extra fees for all students
Additional Course Costs: £275
Personal Equipment: You may also be expected to buy your own personal equipment such as personal protective clothing, stationary and data storage devices.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986