Sport - Level 3
A popular course that provides a broad range of experiences in the Sport and Leisure industry. Enhance your practical sporting skills with coaching & teaching as well as the study of elite performance, testing & rehabilitation.
You will participate in a diverse range of sporting activities as well as coaching experiences in local primary and secondary schools, visits to national sporting venues and additional qualifications, including first aid and Sport Leaders Award.
Utilizing the gym facilities at Folly Lane, you will develop your understanding of the impacts of physical activity on health and well-being as well as the ability to safely and effectively instruct fitness tests.
You will have the chance to enhance your specific sporting skills through analysis and training, in addition to studying the importance of nutrition for sport performance and how to manage and treat sport injuries.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development
(equivalent to three A Levels)
A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Fitness Testing
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Nutrition for Sport Performance
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Sports Application
Assessment includes written tasks, group presentations, reports, video analysis and practical skill observations. There are no examined units. All full-time students are required to study maths and English at the appropriate level.
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies, please refer to the Study Programmes page of this website.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 2 qualification to Merit grade
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Progression routes are dependent on successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
What can I study next?
University or higher education study options may include:
- Sports and Health Studies
- Teaching Physical Education
- Sports Development/ Coaching
- Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy
What jobs can I do?
Employment options may include:
- Leisure Centre Assistant
- Working for a local authority in sports development Sport Development
- Coaching and Fitness Level 3
- Personal training
- Professional Sports Person
You may also like...
Students aged 16 to 18: There are no tuition or examination fees.
Students aged 19 to 23: Who are studying for their first full Level 3 qualification will be not be charged any tuition fees, but will be charged the materials fee only.
Students aged 19 to 23: Who already hold a full Level 3 qualification and all students who are 24 or over will be liable for the full cost of the course, based on the current student loan applicable for the qualification. Please contact our Finance department to be advised of the fee / loan due.
Additional Course Costs: £300 (per year)
Please Note: Costs are subject to change, please call Enquiries on 0800 032 1986 to check.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986