Introduction to Early Years Education & Care - CACHE Level 2
An industry-recognised qualification for those interested in the care and welfare of young children.
If you have passion, enthusiasm and you love working with children, this could be the career for you. This course enables you to gain a recognised national qualification which allows you to work within the field of childcare. During your work-based placements, you will enjoy learning on-the-job skills from other professionals. We aim to develop your self-confidence, helping you to achieve your full potential.
We are looking for people who care about the welfare and development of young children; have the ability to work as part of a team; have imagination and patience; and can show initiative. Successful completion of this course will provide you with the opportunity to work in a childcare setting as an assistant practitioner, in a fast growing sector with an increasing demand for qualified staff.
CACHE Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Supporting Children's Development
- Use Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Understand Legislation relating to Safeguarding, Protection & Welfare of Children
- Support Children's Positive Behaviour
- An Introduction to the Role of the Early Years Practitioner
- Supporting Children's Play and Learning
You will be assessed by internally set and marked assignment tasks for each of the units. A minimum of 250 mandatory hours work experience within a relevant workplace is to be completed and a successful demonstration of skills observed by our assessor in that workplace.
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies, please refer to the Study Programmes page of this website.
- 4 GCSEs at grade D/E (grade 3/2) or above to include a D in English or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Successful taster day and initial assessment in maths and English
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
What can I study next?
Study options may include:
What jobs can I do?
Employment options may include:
- Schools Teaching Assistant
- Nursery Assistant
- Parent Helper
- Nanny/Au Pair
Contact: 0800 032 1986
Aged 16 - 18 years: There are no tuition or exam fees | Materials Fee £80
Aged 19 years or over (at the start of the course): Tuition Fee £945 | Materials Fee £80 | Registration/Exam Fee £140
Please Note: Costs are subject to change, please call Enquiries on 0800 032 1986 to check.