Basic Digital Photography
Tutor: Laurence Mendes
Dates: 27th April - 6th July 2022
Length of Course: 10 sessions
- Wednesday evenings – 27/04, 04/05, 18/05, 08/06, 15/06, 06/07
- Sunday afternoons – 08/05, 22/05, 12/06, 26/06
Venue: Hereford Campus
The course aim is to provide students with a basic education in digital photography. The tutor has spent 23 years of his career in professional photography and has general and advanced photographic qualifications, a City and Guilds 7407 teaching qualification and a Certificate of Education.
The course will include topics such as:
- How to “See” photographically
- Camera settings
- Image enhancement
- How to use light to your advantage
- Viewpoint and composition
- Landscape and architectural photography
- Portrait photography and posing
- Close-up (macro) photography
- NEW – Introduction to mobile phone photography
- NB This course is not designed for mobile phone only photographers, rather for those with normal cameras.
Beginners – the class will be structured to meet the needs of the majority of students enrolled. Students are invited to bring their camera for this course. It is preferable to bring one.
- A4 notepad, pencil and pens
- Camera and instruction manual
- Digital images (as requested)
Tuition Fee: £80
Additional Fee: There will be additional entry costs for the field trip venues in addition to the course fee. These will be payable on the door.
Please note, these fees may be subject to change.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, by choosing which term you wish to join the course or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you.
- TERM 1 runs September to December
- TERM 2 runs January to April
- TERM 3 runs May to July
Once we have received sufficient applications, we will request payment of the course fee. Receipt of your payment books your place on the course.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986