City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying (evenings)
Perfect your brickwork and building skills to a professional and industry-recognised standard.
Practical training takes place in the College’s purpose-built, specialist workshop which is designed to give you the best environment for perfecting the skills to become a competent bricklayer. Theory work is taught in well-equipped classrooms and IT pods, underpinning your existing knowledge with more in-depth subjects such as the interpretation of working drawings, estimating, and setting out buildings. The course content is developed to mirror the industry’s work requirements, giving successful candidates an excellent opportunity for gaining employment in the construction sector. The emphasis on self-motivation and problem solving will further advance your skills to make sure you are ready for employment during and after this course.
City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction
- Building Solid Walling, Isolated and Attached Piers
- Interpret Working Drawings
- Build Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
Achievement is evaluated by passing practical and theory units, a multiple choice online test and practical assessments.
Please Note: Applicants without suitable practical experience will normally be advised to commence study at Intermediate Level 1.
- Successful and satisfactory completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification (e.g. City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying) or the Part Time Intermediate Bricklaying Qualification.
- Alternatively, applicants who can evidence suitable experience or aptitude will also be considered (Completion of a practical test will be required before acceptance).
- Successful interview.
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area.
Day: Tuesday & Thursday
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Duration: 36 weeks
Start Date: September
Fees: £0 for qualifying adults aged 19-23 // £1,250.00 for non-qualifying adults
Materials Fee: £335.00
*These fees are an estimate for guidance purposes only. We strongly advise you call the Enquiries Team to confirm costs. Days and times are subject to change.
Progression routes are dependent on successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
What can I study next?
Study options may include:
What jobs can I do?
Employment options may include:
- Bricklayer/General Builder
- Landscape Gardening
- Stone Layer
- Site Operative
Telephone: 0800 032 1986