City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
Advance your complex brickwork and building skills to a professional and industry-recognised standard.
Practical training takes place in the College’s purpose-built, specialist workshop which is designed to give you the best environment for perfecting the skills to become an advanced bricklayer. This level 3 bricklaying qualification will give you the advanced skills and knowledge to produce detailed, complex and decorative brickwork on site.
City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of work to be completed is shown below.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Constructing radial and battered brickwork
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Carrying out decorative and reinforced brickwork
- Constructing fireplaces and chimneys
Achievement is evaluated by passing practical and theory units, a multiple-choice online test and practical assessments.
Please Note: Applicants without suitable practical Level 2 qualification will normally be advised to commence study at Level 1 and Level 2 before being accepted onto this Level 3.
- Successful and satisfactory completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 and Level 2 qualification (e.g. City & Guilds Level 1 and Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying).
- Successful interview.
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area.
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Duration: 36 weeks
Start Date: September
16 - 18 Fees: £245.00
19+ Fees: £1, 180.00
*These fees are an estimate for guidance purposes only. We strongly advise you call the Enquiries Team to confirm costs. Days and times are subject to change.
Progression routes are dependent on successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
What can I study next?
Study options may include:
- Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery (Full or Part Time)
- Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery (Full or Part Time)
- Level 2 Building Maintenance Operations (Full Time)
- University (Construction Related Courses)
What jobs can I do?
Employment options may include:
- Advanced Bricklayer/General Builder
- Landscape Gardening
- Stone Layer
Students aged 16 to 18 will be not be charged any tuition fees, but will be charged the materials fee only.
Students aged 19 to 23 who are studying for their first full Level 3 qualification will be not be charged any tuition fees, but will be charged the materials fee only.
Students aged 19 to 23 who already hold a full Level 3 qualification and all students who are 24 or over will be liable for the full cost of the course, based on the current student loan applicable for the qualification. Please contact our Finance department to be advised of the fee / loan due.
Please Note: Costs are subject to change, please call Enquiries on 0800 032 1986 to check.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986