A course to enable you to develop skills and confidence in basic cake decorating techniques required for making a range of celebration and party cakes.
On this course you will learn:
- How to make and use icings
- Pipe basic shells and scrolls
- Model simple top decorations
- Make flowers using sugar paste and cutters
- Pipe flowers using royal icing
- Create basic novelty designs using sugar paste with food colours and textures
No experience necessary
The items below will be required for the first lesson
- 6in round fruit cake
- 250g Renshaw flower and modelling paste
- 8in round cake drum board
- 500g Regalice roll out icing (Not ready rolled)
- 650g Marzipan white almond paste
- Icing sugar in a dredger (shaker)
- 6in thin cake board (can be purchased from the tutor)
- J clothes x 3
- Tea Towel
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Rolling pin
- Suitable box for transportation
- Notepad and pen
A few more items may need to be purchased during the course.
|Time||18:30 – 20:30|
|Start Date||September, January and April|
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you. Once we have received an application payment or invoicing details will secure your place on the course.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986