Introduction to Furniture Making
This course aims to provide you with the necessary furniture making skills to make basic furniture. The course will include:
- Tools and their usage including sharpening of chisels and plane blades
- Basic woodworking joints used in furniture making; when and where to use them
- The Project - Drawing up a Cutting list, Planning the making, employing and developing the skills already learnt
- Finishing Techniques - Types of finish and applying the correct one to enhance your completed piece of furniture
No formal entry requirements although an interest in furniture and furniture making is important.
- Protective clothing and footwear
- Equipment and materials will be provided
Venue: Hereford Campus - Folly Lane
Minimum Age: Students need to be 19 years or older to enrol on this course
Duration: 10 weeks
Dates: 19th January - 30th March 2022
Time: 18:30 - 20:30
Materials Fee: £85
Please Note: These fees are subject to change, we strongly advise you call the Enquiries Team to confirm costs.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986
How do I Apply
You can apply online, or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you. Once we have received sufficient applications, we will request payment of the course fee. Receipt of your payment books your place on the course.