Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
This is a new and updated course for those wishing to train as teaching assistants in schools. There are nine mandatory and two optional units. The mandatory units are:
- Child and Young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people?s health and safety
- Support children and young people?s positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
There will also be regular tutorials to provide support, encourage you to reflect on your practice and collect evidence for your portfolio
Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence built during the course. This is taken from activities that you carry out in your workplace or placement and includes assignments, written or oral questions, case studies and witnessed accounts of your experience. Your tutor will also observe you in the workplace.
Employment in a variety of settings, for example, special needs, residential or day care, primary, secondary or post-compulsory education. Further training may be taken through the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
Key Facts (Evening)
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Duration: 36 weeks
Start Date: September
Fee (19+): £625.00
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986