Level 3 - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (evening)
There are eleven mandatory and up to four optional units. The mandatory units are:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people's positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children?s and young people's settings
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
The minimum entry requirement is Level 2 Teaching Assistants or an equivalent qualification. You should be in employment as a teaching assistant. Consideration will be given for previous experience. You will also have an interview and literacy/numeracy assessment with the course tutor.
Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence built during the course. This is taken from activities that you carry out in your workplace or placement and includes assignments, case studies, written and oral questions and witnessed accounts of your experience. Your tutor will also observe you in the workplace.
Further training through HLTA Level 4 or the Foundation Degree in Learning Support. Employment as a teaching assistant in a range of settings, including schools, day care and special needs.
Awarding Body: City and Guilds
Level: Level 3
Start Date: September
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Duration: 36 weeks
Fees (19+): £1,730.00
Students aged 16 to 18 will not be charged any tuition fees, but will be charged the materials fee only.
Students aged 19 and over will be liable for the full cost of the course based on the current student loan applicable for the qualification. Please contact finance to discuss.
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986