Introduction to Welding
This practical course is a refresher or an introduction to welding designed for candidates who are beginners or who need to weld for hobby purposes. Trainees progress at their own pace to develop a range of welding skills.
You will be introduced to:
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding
- Oxy-Acetylene Welding
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Produce welded joints in Metal inert Gas shielded welding (M.I.G.) to BS9606 Standard
- Produce welded joints in Manual Metal Arc Welding (M.M.A) to BS9606 Standard
- Identify weld defects in welded joints
Please bring with you:
- Steel toe capped boots
- Earplugs or defenders are also recommended
- Welding mask (can be borrowed)
There is no formal assessment on this course, all candidates will be awarded a college certificate on successful completion.
Trainees progress at their own pace so can move on to the next scheduled course and continue to develop their skills or could join the Professional Welding course to further progress and gain a City and Guilds 3268 Level 1 or Level 2 Award in Welding.
Venue: Holme Lacy Campus
Minimum Age: Students need to be 19 years or older to enrol on this course
Level: Beginners upwards
Duration: 3 day course // 10 week evening course
Course Costs: £290.00
Introduction to Welding 3 day course dates (9:30 – 16:30, Wednesday – Friday)
- 21st – 23rd July 2021 (COURSE FULL – more dates to follow)
Introduction to Welding 10 week evening course dates (18:30 - 20:30)
- January 2021
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you. Once we have received an application payment or invoicing details will secure your place on the course.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986