Introduction to Creative Writing
Are you interested in writing short stories or non-fiction? Perhaps you’d like to try your hand at writing a novel?
This course is for anyone just setting out to write creatively. You might be bursting with ideas and curious about what writing entails, or you might already be working on something and feel you’d benefit from some guidance in a supportive group setting.
Through teaching, discussion and practice, this course will help you get an understanding of what’s required to create your own work.
During this eight week course you will:
- Create your own creative writing ‘toolbox’
- Find out how to write believable characters
- Explore different writing techniques
- Receive regular feedback on your work
- Get tips on books, guides and websites to continue learning and build confidence.
... and, hopefully, have fun!
No previous experience required; just enthusiasm, an enquiring mind and a desire to create.
- Notebook or writing paper (laptops are fine too but some exercises will require paper and pen)
- Handouts will be given via email
- Tutor may also give you the option of using your own photos or pictures as writing prompts but will always bring some spares to the class in case you forget!
Dates: 3rd May - 28th June 2022
Time: 06:30pm - 08:30pm
Duration: 8 weeks
Additional fee: £5
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, by choosing which term you wish to join the course or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you.
- TERM 1 runs September to December
- TERM 2 runs January to April
- TERM 3 runs May to July
Once we have received sufficient applications, we will request payment of the course fee. Receipt of your payment books your place on the course.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986