This practical course is designed for candidates who have completed the Introduction to Blacksmithing course and would like to progress and improve their blacksmithing skills further in a supportive environment.
Candidates will learn a range of different construction techniques to produce a small decorative bracket
- Forging, forming, cutting and joining
- Tenon joint
Tool making will also be included in this course.
Candidates must have completed the Introduction to Blacksmithing short course before being permitted to attend Intermediate Blacksmithing.
There is no formal assessment on this course. Candidates progress at their own pace.
Equipment and clothing
- Clothing needs to be fire resistant e.g. heavy cotton, not polyester. We recommend long sleeved shirt and trousers (jeans or work trousers preferred) that are wide and long enough to cover boot tops
- Steel toe capped work boots
- Ear defenders or ear plugs (recommended)
- Overalls or leather apron (optional)
- Safety glasses
- Long hair must be tied up or under a hat
- If you have tools, please bring them or they can be borrowed
Venue: Holme Lacy Campus
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Duration: 3 days
- 2nd – 4th June 2021 (COURSE FULL)
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you. Once we have received an application payment or invoicing details will secure your place on the course.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986
You can either request an application form to be posted or emailed, alternatively please use the short/leisure application form on the colleges website. Payment or invoicing details will secure your place. Students must be 19+ to attend the course.