Electrical & Electronic Control Engineering HNC Level 4
Herefordshire & Ludlow College awarded by Pearson (BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering).
Attendance: Part-time (one day per week)
Duration: Two years
Location: HLC Hereford Campus
Application: HLC application form
This course is designed to improve the career prospects of students who are working within the engineering industry and those who wish to broaden their skill set. This HNC will support a career path in electrical and electronic engineering, engineering maintenance, production, project management and related disciplines. You will do this by developing knowledge and skills relating to modern production techniques including robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, programming, and PLCs.
The Edexcel Higher National Certificate is primarily an academic, work-related course and is made up of eight units. Some of the units are compulsory core units and there is a choice of specialist options, subject to demand.
Typical units are as follows: (these may change from time to time)
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Maths
- Digital Principles
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Engineering Design
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Automation, Robotics and Programmable Logic Controllers
Assessment methods take a variety of formats and may include written reports, presentations, case studies, individual/group projects and reflective statements. Where units can relate to the workplace, the assessment will relate to your own organisation (if appropriate) and/or a vocational setting.
Applicants should have one of the following:
- BTEC Extended Diploma or equivalent Level 3 Diploma with minimum Merit grade in a related discipline
- Passes at grade C or above in two or more A Levels (80 UCAS tariff points) in relevant subjects
- Consideration will be given to mature students who may not meet these entry requirements
Successful completion of this two year course enables the student to study for a Top-up Higher National Diploma (HND) or to move on to study at degree level (you will generally be exempt from the first year of the course). Alternatively, employment may be gained in a supervisory/technical capacity.
£2,625 per year. All fees are subject to change; please check with the relevant provider.
Call: 0800 032 1986