Computer Aided Manufacture and Automation HNC Level 4
Herefordshire & Ludlow College awarded by Pearson (BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering).
Attendance: Part-time (one day per week)
Duration: Two years
Location: HLC Hereford Campus
Application: HLC application form
This course is designed to improve the career prospects of students who are working within the engineering industry and those who wish to broaden their skill set. This HNC will support a career path in computer aided engineering, mechanical, manufacturing, production, project management and related disciplines. You will do this by developing knowledge and skills relating to modern production techniques including robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, programming, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM). The course is run over two years on the basis of college attendance for one day per week in each year.
The Edexcel Higher National Certificate is primarily an academic, work-related course and is made up of eight units. Some of the units are compulsory core units and there is a choice of specialist options, subject to demand.
Typical units are as follows: (these may change from time to time)
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Maths
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Engineering Design
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Mechanical Principles
- Automation, Robotics and Programmable Logic Controllers
Assessment methods take a variety of formats and may include written reports, presentations, case studies, individual/group projects and reflective statements. Where units can relate to work, assessment will relate to your own organisation (if appropriate) and/or a vocational setting.
Applicants should have one of the following:
- Passes at grade C or above in two or more A Levels (80 UCAS tariff points) in relevant subjects, or a relevant Level 3 BTEC Diploma with a minimum of a Merit grade
- GCSE Maths and English at Grades 9–4 (C or above)
- Mature students will be assessed on relevant experience
- All students will be admitted on their ability to benefit from study at this level and their intellectual capacity and motivation to succeed
Successful completion of this two year course enables the student to study for a Top-Up Higher National Diploma (HND) or to move on to study at degree level (you will generally be exempt from the first year of the course). Alternatively, employment may be gained in a supervisory/technical capacity.
£2,900 per year. All fees are subject to change; please check with the relevant provider.
Call: 0800 032 1986