Computing & Systems Development HND Level 5
Herefordshire & Ludlow College awarded by Pearson (BTEC Level 5 HND in Computing).
Level: 4 & 5
Attendance: Full-time (one day and two evenings per week)
Duration: 2 years
Location: HLC Hereford Campus
Application: HLC application form
This HND provides a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the computing sector. It prepares students for employment in roles such as system management, networking and software development. Units contain a balance of practical skills development and knowledge requirements for relevant and up-to-date technologies. Students will learn to write computer code to automate small robotic cars and have the opportunity to develop a game for virtual reality headsets.
A range of units across two years including: (these may change from time to time)
- Professional Practice
- Database Design and Development
- Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Computer Game Development (Including Virtual Reality)
- Computing Research Project
- Business Intelligence
Assessment takes place using a variety of methods including; assignments, presentations, projects, tests and case studies. Many assessments will be based on the application of knowledge and skills obtained in the computer laboratory. All students will receive regular feedback on their work and progress from their tutors. The qualification will be graded at pass, merit and distinction.
- Successful grades at A Level demonstrating a strong performance in a relevant subject area, or equivalent level qualification such as a Level 3 BTEC Diploma with a minimum of a Merit grade.
- Mature students will be assessed on their relevant experience and recognition of prior learning (RPL) where appropriate.
- All students will be admitted on their ability to benefit from study at this level and their intellectual capacity and motivation to succeed.
On successful completion of this course, you are able to apply for entry onto the third year of a relevant honours degree course at the University of Worcester. You may also be able to do this at other suitable institutions or gain employment in an IT or related industry.
£5,250 per year. All fees are subject to change; please check with the relevant provider.
Call: 0800 032 1986