Higher National Diploma in Computing & Systems Development
This Higher National Diploma provides a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the computing sector. It prepares students for employment in roles such as system management, networking and software development. Units contain a balance of practical skills development and knowledge requirements for relevant and up to date technologies.
The course is run over 2 years on the basis of college attendance for one day and two evenings per week in each year.
Level 4 Year 1
- Professional Development
- Computer systems
- Networking fundamentals
Level 5 Year 2
- Server management and knowledge based systems
- Computer games design and development
- Data analysis and design
- Web development, distributed software and mobile applications
- Significant project
- Students will normally possess a GCE Advanced level profile which demonstrates a strong performance in a relevant subject or equivalent, or a Level 3 BTEC Diploma.
- Mature students will be assessed on their relevant experience.
- All students will be admitted on their ability to benefit from study at this level and their intellectual capacity and motivation to succeed.
Assessment takes place using a variety of methods including; assignments, presentations, projects, tests and case studies. Many assessments will be based on the application of knowledge and skills obtained in the computer laboratory. All students will receive regular feedback on their work and progress from their tutors. The qualification will be graded at pass, merit and distinction.
On completion of the Diploma you may apply to join the third year of a relevant honours degree course at the University of Gloucestershire or another suitable institution.
Attendance: Full Time (one day and 2 evenings per week)
Duration: 2 years
Day: Wed 9.00 - 20.30
Start Date: Sept
Course Fees: £5,500.00*
*All fees are subject to change, please check with the relevant provider and see the Finance for HE page of this website.
Application: HLC Application Form
Call: 0800 032 1986