ASUP08 - Award in Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide
New regulations have been introduced concerning the use of rodenticides. Anyone buying or using second generation anticoagulants (most rodenticides used in agriculture) now require certification. Those on farm assured farms will require certification by December 2017; the deadline was June 2016 for others.
These one day courses incorporate theory and practical to enable successful candidates to operate legally when buying and using aluminium phosphide. This course will cover:
- Legislation relating to the use of rodenticides to control rats and mice
- Product label information
- Risks of human and environmental contamination
- Emergency procedures
- Safe storage and transport
- Management and disposal of surplus and waste materials
- Record keeping requirements
- Site surveys
- Application of aluminium phosphide products safely
- Suitable clothing and footwear
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Following the course, candidates will be assessed for NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide. This test will incorporate a practical assessment and questioning. All tests will take place on separate days.
Venue: Holme Lacy Campus
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Duration: 1 day
Start Date: Various
Fee (19+): £300.00
How do I Apply
Telephone: 0800 032 1986