Introduction to Playwriting
This is a practical ten-week beginners course for anyone with an interest in writing a play for the stage. Students will be introduced to a range of playwriting techniques and encouraged to develop their writing skills in a friendly and supportive environment. It introduces the craft of playwriting and gives students the opportunity to work through different stages of the playwriting process. Students will learn a variety of tools and techniques to fire their imagination. They will take part in practical writing exercises and have the opportunity to share their work and ideas whilst gaining constructive feedback. This course provides a solid foundation for anyone wishing to write an original play suitable for a live audience.
During this 8 week course students will:
- Take part in practical playwriting exercises
- Gain an understanding of the work of a playwright and how it differs to other forms of writing.
- Learn about the playwriting process such as character development, creating dialogue, how to structure scenes, writing for a live audience etc.
- Learn a variety of techniques to inspire creativity and fire the imagination.
- Explore the work of other contemporary playwrights.
- Have the opportunity to share ideas and gain confidence within a supportive environment.
- Write an original ten-minute play.
This course is suitable for complete beginners or those with some previous writing experience who would like to cultivate their playwriting skills in a friendly and supportive environment. Students must have a willingness to take part in practical writing activities. Students will receive individual and group feedback.
Venue: Hereford Campus
Dates: 7th May - 2nd July 2019
Day: Tuesday evenings
Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Course Costs: £60
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986