Introduction to Playwriting
This course is for anyone with the desire to express their creativity through writing. During the course for beginners you will gain an understanding of what is required to create your own work through teaching, discussion and practice. The intermediate course is intended as a ‘follow on’ course for anyone who has studied at a beginner level and who wishes to progress further.
- Take part in practical playwriting exercises
- Gain an understanding of the work of a playwright and how it differs to other forms of writing.
- Learn about the playwriting process such as character development, creating dialogue, how to structure scenes, writing for a live audience etc.
- Learn a variety of techniques to inspire creativity and fire the imagination.
- Explore the work of other contemporary playwrights.
- Have the opportunity to share ideas and gain confidence within a supportive environment.
- Write an original ten-minute play.
This course is suitable for complete beginners or those with some previous writing experience who would like to cultivate their playwriting skills in a friendly and supportive environment. Students must have a willingness to take part in practical writing activities. Students will receive individual and group feedback.
Campus: Hereford Campus
Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Duration: 8 weeks
Start Date: Sept/Jan/Apr
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986