"Calligraphy the Art of Slow Writing" and maybe allude to the calming properties.
A practical class where students will study a calligraphic style, gaining the ability to write a short verse and incorporate this into a finished project.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Write with a broad edged pen a full alphabet in either round hand or italic.
- Be able to recognise good letterforms.
- Write evenly spaced letters into words.
- Write a short quotation or verse using colour.
- Learn the proportions of Roman Capitals.
- Understand how to create a satisfying layout of a short poem or verse.
- Use this knowledge to create a final finished project.
Entry Requirements and Materials
No experience is necessary however students with previous experience will work on more complex projects.
If you already have any calligraphy equipment, please bring this with you. The tutor will have correct equipment to buy, approx. £5.
Campus: Hereford Campus
Minimum Age: Students need to be 19 years or older to enrol on this course
Time: 18:30 - 20:30 (No session 19th February)
Duration: 6 weeks
Date: 22nd January - 4th March 2020
Course Costs: £50
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
Telephone: 0800 032 1986