Foundation Studies Advance
This course will enable you build and develop your skills and confidence prior to your next step, whether that be a new college course, an apprenticeship or a job.
This unique start-up course is designed to support you in preparing for your future. It combines work experience and community engagement projects with one day a week at college, where you will study English, Maths and Digital Skills as well as developing your personal, social and independence skills. It will enable you to work as part of a team within local community projects and charities, progressing to securing a work placement in your area of interest, as well as studying for recognized qualifications in English, maths and Digital Skills.
- City & Guilds Functional Skills Maths
- City & Guilds Functional Skills English
- BTEC Essential Digital Skills
- Work Experience College Certificate
Duration: One year
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course, including:
- Qualifications in English, Maths and Digital Skills
- Work experience with a Community Project, charity or local employer to boost your employability skills.
- Enrichment – taking part in extracurricular activities and trips
- Tutorials and pastoral support from a keyworker, who will support you in college and in your work placement throughout the course.
- No formal qualifications are required.
- All applicants will undergo an inital assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Places will be offered following a satisfactory interview
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the course
Study options may include:
- Level 1 or Level 2 course of your choice at the college
- Foundation Studies Courses at the college
Employment options may include:
- Other employment with training
You may also like...
Foundation Studies in one of the following subject areas:
- Skills for Working life
- Construction & Building Services
- Computing & IT
- Hospitality & Catering
- Employability Skills
- Childcare and Health & Social Care
Please note, the costs given below are subject to change.
Aged 16-18 years: There are no tuition or examination fees.
Aged 19 or over (at the start of the course): Tuition Fee £995 | Registration/Exam fee £150
Extra fees for all students:
Additional Costs: £110
Telephone: 0800 032 1986