Safeguarding our learners, staff and visitors is important to us.
- Promotion of your health and development
- Ensuring your safety and care
- Ensuring you are offered the best life chances
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Prevention of bullying and harassment
- Prevention of terrorism & extremism
The term ‘safeguarding’ embraces both child and vulnerable adult protection and preventative approaches to keep our learner, staff and visitor population safe. Safeguarding encompasses learners’ health and safety, welfare and wellbeing.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have developed policies and procedures that aim to meet this commitment.
Our policy covers:
- Abuse and neglect
- Prevention of discrimination
- Anti-bullying and harassment
- Addressing attendance issues
- Supporting health-care plans for learners with specific medical needs
- Safety and security
- Prevention of terrorism and extremism. HLC supports the Government's 'Prevent' strategy, working against terrorism and extremism in all of its forms.
If you, as a student at the College, have any concerns about your wellbeing, safety or rights, then you should:
- Talk to your Tutor, Team Leader or Assistant Principal
- Talk to our Student Support Advisor or one of our Safeguarding Panel Members
Ali Wells - Safeguarding Coordinator
Tel: 01432 365356