Purchase Control and Systems Support Officer
PURCHASE CONTROL AND SYSTEMS SUPPORT OFFICER
FINANCE DEPARTMENT, FULL-TIME
£18,388 - £20,534
A vacancy has arisen with the Finance Department, located at the Hereford campus, for a proactive, driven, self-starter to provide purchasing workflow support and take responsibility for the accurate and prompt posting of College purchases through the accounting system and other direct purchases. This post would ideally suit someone with experience working with Symmetry or in an electronic purchasing environment, with good attention to detail and a troubleshooting, can-do approach. An ability to priorities effectively and support the finance function is essential.
- Oversee the purchasing processes and workflows within the computerised accounts system, Symmetry, and other automated processes as they are developed. Maintain system users, code combinations, setup processes and cash processing.
- Maintain non-teaching purchase ordering and invoicing processes, including internal journals to ensure correct cost allocation, for example recharging costs.
- Follow up on queries raised through the requisition process to ensure all information gathered is as required and liaise with colleagues to help improve processes and understanding.
- Assist in the development of other computerised financial processes across the College campus and be the go-to person for troubleshooting.
- Respond to enquiries to the finance office, either by telephone or electronically through the finance office inbox; focusing in particular on accounts payable enquiries.
HLC is committed to safeguarding including Prevent, promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: 18 August 2019
Interview date: 23 August 2019