Coronavirus - 7th January 2021
Following the announcement of another lockdown on the 4th January, the College would like to clarify the following;
- Remote teaching will continue until February half-term. Tutors will be in touch with students if they have not already.
- Following a change in government guidance, the College has made the decision to cancel all exams scheduled up to the February Half Term - Some final exams may still take place to allow students to be certificated and advance to the next level of learning, if this is the case, your tutor will be in touch with you. If you are unsure whether your exam is taking place or not, please contact your subject tutor.
- The College is open to children of critical workers , EHCP, LAC and other vulnerable students (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision) if they cannot work effectively at home. Students should contact their tutor or student services to discuss this further.
- Updated guidance from the government says that if a student does not have a device or connectivity at home, they can request to come into college instead. To do this, you would need to contact the Student Services Team on 01432 352 235.
- Adult Community Learning classes due to start this week will unfortunately be postponed.
- Keep an eye out for future posts, as we're working on providing you some information to access free mobile data for your mobile devices while you're working from home, watch this space!