Nursing Careers event
Attend the largest Nursing careers fair on 15th April. Learn about nursing and what it takes, hear it from those that do the role. Book your place:
Studying a STEM subject?
Etrust (STEM) Insight online course: Get ahead in your application for an apprenticeship or for uni with the 2021 virtual summer school for students interested in a careers in Science Technology, Engineering or Maths. The course is available between 28th June and 20th August. See more info on the website:
Apprentice Electrician web talk: 6th April 6pm – 6.30pm
A chance to gain an insight into an electrician apprenticeship, delivered on behalf of the National Apprenticeship Service. Register to book your place: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/find-your-spark-a-talk-about-working-as-an-apprentice-electrician-registration-147092243861
Apprenticeship in West Midlands Police Force: 28th April 6pm – 6.30pm
A chance to gain an insight into Apprenticeships with West Midlands Police Force.
Balfour Beatty are starting to advertise for Apprenticeships to start in September 2021 and Graduate Placements are on their website - https://www.balfourbeattycareers.com/job-listing/?Family=&Children=&ExcludeChildren=&ContractType=&Location=herefordshire#jobList
Opportunities include: Maintenance apprentices, Apprentice Quantity Surveyor, Apprentice Planner, Customer Service Apprentice, Procurement (purchasing) Apprentice, Design Apprentice/Graduate/Summer Placement.
Morrisons are offering the chance to be part of a different kind of retail business. Whether they're a school leaver, student or graduate, Morrisons' early careers will give your students a unique perspective, real responsibility and tons of valuable experience. https://www.morrisons.jobs/early-careers/apprentices
Work Experience Opportunities
Cap Gemini Virtual Work Experience
Cap Gemini has launched its 2021 virtual work experience in two areas:
- Legal – The team at Capgemini actively want to support social mobility in this industry, though applicants need to be Y12 and keen to go to university to study law.
- Business & Technology (including Cyber) and Finance – Young people should explain in their application what they would want from the programme. Then the internal team led by Clare Mills, work out what will be best for them, so they can tailor the programme. So, if they want Cyber – the message is to tell them! If they want Finance – again, tell them!
There are approximately 80 places- though this depends on demand.
Business & Finance
PwC Virtual Insight week: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student-careers/school-careers/our-programmes/insight-weeks.html
Throughout the Virtual Insight Week, you'll have the opportunity to gain lots of valuable skills, and explore your career options with PwC.
Higher Education? Get yourself prepared:
- Universities UK Wednesday webinars in March: 3 webinars for you to start planning your uni application
- Webinars available until end of March: https://ukunisearch.vfairs.com/en/webinar-timetable
- Weds 24th March registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_nsnL9kbXTSyevvm4tpp9bA
UCAS Discovery Days
West Midlands days are 27th-28th April. Join live or on demand. Explore universities, careers, whether an apprenticeship is right for you, ask your questions. Book now.
You can do the following to get ready for your next steps:
- Visit the college website for useful advice and information on careers and job seeking
- Talk to your tutors about your next steps.
- Get in touch with me if you feel an informal chat on the phone would be useful: email@example.com