Careers information, advice and guidance
The College is committed to providing a service of information, advice and guidance to current and prospective students concerning their choice of course or career path, application to higher education, and search to gain employment. In this way young people are encouraged to take responsibility for managing their own records and developing the skills needed to be proactive career managers.
- Tutorial Calendar 22-23
- College Careers Advice leaflet
- College Careers Strategy
- College Careers Programme 22-23
Impartial information, advice and guidance is available to College students, including:
- Careers research and information
- Preparing and updating CVs
- Completing job applications
- Interviewing techniques
- Course selection
- UCAS applications and personal statements
- Development of career management skills
- Careers guidance
One-to-one careers guidance:
An impartial and confidential, one-to-one interview can be arranged by appointment with the Learning Progression Advisor at both our Folly Lane, Hereford campus and our Holme Lacy campus. This interview can take place face to face or over the telephone as appropriate, and will help you to determine your specific needs, identify goals and explore options.
To schedule an interview, please contact the Student Learner Progression Advisor:
Telephone: 01432 365382
As part of the cross-college tutorial programme, students have the opportunity to engage in both careers and higher education based tutorials. Students are guided and supported in their progression planning through termly discussions with their tutors, access to face to face and online impartial careers guidance, and sector related learning as part of their course.
Careers information, advice and opportunitie. s are available on the Careers Advice webpages and include key websites such as the National Careers service, national Apprenticeships and higher education application site, UCAS.
In addition, the college subscribes to:
- National Careers Service website: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- Eclips-online: https://www.eclips-online.co.uk/ : a comprehensive database of careers information and advice including job and career sectors, education options and employment routes: login: HLNSC eclips (case and space sensitive)
- Pathways: each college course links to the Pathways labour market information database that provides students with the progression information to help them plan their future study and career options.
The College also updates and maintains a selection of resources on careers information, subject areas and careers opportunities in the Learning Resource Centre.
You can also contact Student Services:
Telephone: 01432 365431
The Deputy Principal is the College’s Careers Leader who welcomes feedback and is contactable as follows:
Herefordshire, Ludlow and North Shropshire
Tel: 01432 365306
The College provides opportunities for students to have access to employers in Herefordshire, Shropshire and the surrounding areas by having tutors invite employers and relevant speakers into curriculum based lessons, and by students attending events such as “Meet Your Future”, an event coordinated by Herefordshire & Ludlow College, Hereford Sixth Form College, and Hereford College of Arts. “Meet Your Future” is an opportunity for students to meet a variety of local and national industry professionals representing businesses, organisations and training providers.
Other useful careers and jobs information can be found here: